Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

TICKLED PINK!!!

One week ago today, we found out we are having a sweet little baby girl. Now, being the girly-girl that I am, I have always wanted a daughter to dress up in pink and put bows in her hair and drive her to ballet class. I would love to have a little boy too, but I think deep down I was hoping for a girl. And because I was secretly hoping it would be a girl, I had fully prepared myself for the ultrasound tech to say "it's a boy!" When I was getting dressed that morning, I had a little talk with my baby bump. I said, "Now, when we go to the doctor today, don't you be shy! Whatever you are, girl or boy, you be sure to give us a clear shot!" I even did a little jump before I walked into the clinic to make sure Baby Martin was awake.

Chris and I went to the doctor at 12:00 on Monday, November 8 anxiously awaiting the big reveal. When the tech started the ultrasound, we couldn't believe how much our little peanut had grown! I was so amazed by the clarity of the shape of the head and hands that I almost forgot what we were there for! But just as I had asked little Baby Martin to do, we had a clear shot of what it was. When the tech said, "Well, how about a little girl," I was shocked! "Are you sure???" I said. "Oh yeah, it is most definitely a girl! She is not being shy." I couldn't believe it! A sweet baby girl! Miss. Emma Claire was growing inside me. We proceeded to watch on the screen as the tech showed us our daughter. She was putting on a show for us! She was kicking and punching and squirming around like a little wiggle worm (taking after her momma). We could clearly see her hands and her little feet, and even her heart beating inside her chest. God is amazing! What a tiny little miracle he has given us :) Thankfully, the tech recorded our entire ultrasound on a DVD so we could take it home to show the family. It is so special to be able to forever have the moment we found out it was a little girl on a DVD.

Sweet little face

I'm a girl! 

As soon as we left the clinic, we started making phone calls. Since my phone had been blowing up with calls and texts all morning long, we had a lot of dialing to do! The first person I called was my mom, and when she heard it was a girl she screamed! She was one happy Grandma! Next, we called Chris' parents. I think Chris' mom had done the same thing I did, and convinced herself it would be a boy. We continued to make our calls to my dad (who was on the golf course...hope his screams of excitement didn't ruin anybody's shot), my brother, Chris' sister and several of our best friends. We went to lunch together and sat across from each other smiling from ear to ear in disbelief of how amazing it was to see our daughter so active in my womb.

That night, Chris' parents and sister and brother-in-law came over to watch the video. Being the monogramming wizard she is, his mom already had a sweet pink blanket with Emma Claire's name on it. Around the edge of the blanket it says "Thank Heaven for little girls". I asked her where she got it and she said, "Oh, I've had it." Chris said, "Did you have one for a boy, too?" When she laughed and said no, he said, "What were you going to do if it was a boy?" I guess she would have had to do some shopping! We got to show my parents the video when we came through town before our trip to Colorado. I mailed my brother a copy and after he watched it yesterday, he said he was amazed to see his sweet little niece so tiny and active.

It is no surprise that Emma Claire is getting spoiled already! My mom got her some precious smocked dresses at the Christmas Jubilee in Mobile, and Chris and I hit up the Silverthorne Outlet Mall while we are out here in Colorado. I knew if we came out here for a relaxing vacation and hadn't found out yet what it was, I would be antsy pantsy ready to get home and find out! But now that I know sweet Emma Claire is growing inside me, I am fully enjoying a vacation of snuggling by the fire, watching the snow fall on the mountains and dreaming of what it will feel like the first time I get to hold my daughter.

Snuggling by the fire in Silverthorne, Colorado with Emma Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment