Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Which PINK is the right PINK?

With the holiday season kicking off last week, Chris and I had a lot to be thankful for this year. Mom and Dad came to Hattiesburg to spend Thanksgiving at our house with Chris' parents. While Chris was in the backyard teaching Dad how to fry a turkey (the master became the student for a change) with the obnoxious "Alton Brown turkey derrick" contraption, I was inside with Mom setting the table....with pink china of course! A dear family friend passed on her beautiful pink wedding china to me when I was in college under one condition- I had to pass it on to my future daughter one day. So, with this being our first time to host Thanksgiving dinner for the family and in celebration of our joyful news of a baby girl on the way, why NOT eat off of pink china?



The resting period between dinner and dessert was spent watching the paint dry....literally. To satisfy my desire to start the nursery early, Chris and Dad set up to paint Emma Claire's room over the weekend. I sent them with fabric swatches to Lowe's in hopes they would return with the perfect pink. The Michael Angelos painted three different color swatches on the wall and we all sat in the nursery waiting for them to dry so we could chose the right one. Well, if you ask Chris which paint we chose he will tell you, "The fourth one." Pink is not pink is not pink! 


Luckily, Dad went home Thursday night to get his paint supplies. While gathering his tools for the masterpiece, he discovered a can of paint from 2001 when he had painted my room pink. Excited about his hidden treasure, he came back Friday afternoon and painted a swatch on the wall. And there it was- the perfect pink!

The role of student and master were quickly reversed back to their natural state when Dad taught Chris a thing or two about painting a room. And Chris' Dad even showed up to join in on the painting festivities. By the end of the weekend, we had a perfectly pink room! I can't wait to get it completely decorated so I can just go in her room and sit and look around anxiously awaiting those days when I will soon be changing diapers, singing lullabies and rocking her to sleep.


(Doesn't this look vaguely familiar? Ah, yes....A man, a woman, and a pitchfork....or paint can)

While Mom and Dad spent the weekend with us, we all got to experience a miracle moment in my pregnancy For a while, I had been feeling Emma Claire flipping around inside my belly. But for the first time, her movements were able to be felt from the outside. And Chris, Mom and Dad were all there to feel her gymnastics routine taking place! It was such a special moment and I was so glad to share it with the three of them :)

Even Daisy and Minnie are getting excited about Emma Claire's arrival. I am pretty sure that Daisy, the smarter of the two dogs, understands what is going on. She has been extra cuddly and extra loving lately :) And Minnie is just excited to have a new blanket that she thinks belongs to her....

We are half way through this journey of pregnancy and it has already been so much fun! 


1 comment:

  1. Love the comparison pic to Green Acres! Too funny!

    Hooray for little girls! They are the BEST! :)

    ReplyDelete