I'm not sure I have the capacity to relive all the emotions that I felt during the two week celebration of Emma Claire's first birthday. It was such a bittersweet time for me. The first time it really sunk in was when I was in Walmart in Augusta picking out a birthday card for the first of four parties for EC. When I realized I was looking in the "daughter" section, the tears started flowing. Yes, I was that crazy mom crying in Walmart because I finally realized my baby wasn't a baby anymore. I suppose I could blame it on the hormones since I stopped nursing Emma Claire shortly after her birthday. I was proud to have made it a full year and sad to lose that special time with her. My girl is growing up too quickly!
We drove home from Augusta (where we had party #1) the day before Emma Claire's birthday. Needless to say, we were all a little worn out on her actual birthday. We all slept in that morning! When I went to wake her up, I walked in singing happy birthday to her :) She quickly learned the word "birthday" and was saying it all day long!
We took her to lunch at Newk's where she had her first grilled cheese sandwich. She loved it!
After lunch, we went to Toys R Us to use a few gift cards we had received on some birthday toys :) When we were checking out, the cashier said, "Did she just say birthday???" Yep, our girl is one smart kid. That evening we went to Chris' parents' house to celebrate with his family. His parents, sister Sandy and her husband Jayson and daughter Saylor, Nonnie and Gip were all there to celebrate the special occasion. EC even got a visit from her Aunt Jenny and her friend Marie. When it came time to sing her happy birthday and let her destroy another cupcake, things got a little rough. She took one taste of that icing and started gagging and threw up. I guess we have a healthy eater on our hands, because she wanted nothing to do with that sugar! Maybe she had nightmares after eating the cupcake in Augusta???
 |
| My birthday baby! |
 |
| Playing outside with Saylor |
 |
| Sweet Aunt Sandy |
 |
| Aunt Jenny and Marie |
 |
| Birthday shades |
 |
| Saylor playing drums on the ice cream |
 |
| Happy girl |
 |
| Not so happy after we tried to feed her a cupcake |
 |
| Bath time with cousin Saylor |
The next day we had a photo session for her one year pictures. Kelly Dunn, who works at Southern Miss with me, did an AMAZING job working with Emma Claire!!!
That night, we went to Aunt Jenny and Uncle BB's house to paint Easter eggs. Emma Claire was exhausted and sacked out before the egg-travaganza began, but we painted a few for her.
 |
| In honor of Masters week |
Sunday, we celebrated Easter at church, followed by lunch at Chris' MawMaw and PawPaw's house. She sure did look sweet in her Easter dress!
 |
| Saylor and Emma Claire. "What did the bunny bring you?" |
 |
| EC's Easter baskets from mom and dad, JenJen and PawPaw and Gaga and Boppy. |
On Monday April 9, Emma Claire celebrated her birthday at school. She brought cupcakes for her friends to celebrate with her.
 |
| So excited to go to school to celebrate her birthday! |
 |
| Surprise! Aunt KK, Scianna and John Robert came, too! |
 |
| Kisses from her boyfriend, John Robert |
 |
| Sweet Silas |
 |
| Jay. This adorable little guy is always smiling! |
 |
| Celebrating with Mommy |
 |
| Still not sure about the cupcake |
 |
| Sweet Miss Essie, Emma Claire's first teacher. |
 |
| Love that smile! |
 |
| Avery had no problem throwing down a cupcake. |
 |
| Adam had just woken up from a nap :) |
All this excitement was leading up to the big birthday bash on April 14. With the help of my two best friends, I had started planning this party when Emma Claire was only a few weeks old. I've learned that with first birthdays you can either have a small, intimate family gathering or a big celebration. I opted for the big celebration! We have so many friends outside of our family that love Emma Claire so much. I wanted them to be there to celebrate with her! The theme was Emma Claire's Enchanted Wonderland (a tea party). I started working on decorations months in advance, knowing that it would be crazy right before the party with our trip to the Masters. I was proud of myself for planning ahead!
The party was held at Emma Claire's JenJen and PawPaw's house (Chris' parents). Many many many thanks to them for letting us have this big bash there!
The cake was absolutely AMAZING!!! Thank heaven for people like Aunt Cindy! I met the Ladnier family through one of my best friends, Jenny. They are an amazing family and Cindy makes the most amazing cakes! I was so honored to have her play such a vital role in the party.
I couldn't have asked for a better celebration of the most amazing year of my life. The weather was absolutely beautiful. So many friends and family members came to wish Emma Claire a happy birthday. Emma Claire's Enchanted Wonderland was enchanting, indeed!
Here are some pictures from the party...
 |
| The invitation |
 |
| The big tea party table! |
Precious cookies made by The Pastry Garden
The amazing and delicious cake!!!
Sweet Aunt Cindy even made EC's smash cake banana flavored in hopes that she would eat it up...no such luck.
 |
| The timeline- 1 week old to 1 year old! |
 |
| My teacup wreath |
 |
| Aunt Azlyn and Arrington came to play! |
 |
| The loves of my life |
 |
| Miss Dawn and Miss Whitney came to celebrate with me! |
 |
| Aunt Tina put together all the beautiful flowers for my party! |
 |
| Cozy Coup from Mommy and Daddy |
 |
| Checking out the new ride |
 |
| Sweet Boppy. Melts my heart! |
 |
| EC and her boyfriend, John Robert |
 |
| Five generations |
 |
| Aunt Cindy, Aunt Jenny, and Uncle Bob |
 |
| The Birthday Girl jamming out to Elvis on Daddy's phone |
 |
| Aunt Jenny and Uncle BB sure did love John Robert! |
 |
| Favors |
 |
| EC and all her grandmas! |
 |
| EC and Saylor at the after party in the kiddie pool |
 |
| Happy girl! I think it was a success :) |
We are truly blessed to have so many people who love our
baby toddler so much! Now, onto next year's party theme....
No comments:
Post a Comment