After seeing that the crib wouldn't fit through the nursery room door, Chris debated taking the door off the hinges vs. taking the front rail of the crib apart. The door was spared and the crib was brought in slightly disassembled.
I had already planned out the whole nursery, so I knew exactly where everything was going. And once the furniture arrived, the whole room came together.
Her dresser, which will be used as the changing table
Newly painted picture frame and shelf. The roses heart above the lamp is made from the first roses Chris ever gave me when we started dating. It only seemed fitting that they go in Emma Claire's room since that is kind of how it all started!
I spent ALL DAY today painting the canvas to go above Emma Claire's bed, and when we brought it into the nursery tonight to see how it would look, I thought I might cry. Her room is exactly like I wanted it to be. Sure, we are still missing a few things-the glider and ottoman, her mattress and bedding and the chandelier light fixture- but it is coming together so beautifully! "Baby Furniture Day" was a great start to a weekend of decorating her nursery with tiny details. And now all I want to do is sit back here and smile :)
The painting isn't hanging up yet, but it looks perfect in her room!

Love it! So cute! :)
ReplyDelete