Believe it or not, I am two-thirds of my way through this fabulous journey to motherhood. And while I am very thankful to be over the first trimester exhaustion and nausea (for the most part), I am wondering what happened to my ability to move quickly, stand up easily and see my feet! Emma Claire has officially taken over my body and I'm moving at her pace now, not my own. Being the active person that I am, always on the go and rarely slowing down, this change has taken some getting used to!
My mother-in-law and I are taking on the massive project of making Emma Claire's bedding and a very special quilt for her room. We started on the quilt this weekend, and I can't wait to see the finished product! I know it is something we will be very proud of and something that Emma Claire will keep forever :) Here is a picture of the very beginning parts of the quilt...
A few days after Christmas, Chris made a mistake. A big mistake. While at the gas station filling up my car (that part is not the mistake; that is a very smart husband taking good care of his hormonal and pregnant wife), he saw something he thought I might like- cranberry ginger ale. Thinking this was a sweet gesture, he bought a bottle for me to try. Well, he was right, I loved it. Since I'm still having some nausea, the ginger ale helped calm my stomach, and cranberry juice has been one of my favorite things during my pregnancy. Put those two together and we had a miracle potion. Once that bottle was gone, I sent him out for more. Here is where the mistake comes in- this stuff is seasonal...and we were at the end of the Christmas season! Doing his best to redeem himself from the mistake of introducing me to a miracle potion that was no longer in stock, he called every store in Hattiesburg to find the magic drink; I mean EVERY store. He finally tracked down two cases from Pepsi- the only two cases left in the state of Mississippi- and had them sent to the store near our house. Needless to say, we have a stock of 25 2-liter bottles of cranberry ginger ale. I'd say he made up for his mistake :)
Ironically, on his trip to buy the last three bottles from the store, Chris ran into my doctor. After he saw Chris carrying three bottles of cranberry ginger ale he said, "So this must be the drink of choice! I've never tried it. I bet it is good." Chris tried to offer him a bottle, but he refused to take away a high-demand craving from his patient...good thinking, doc! However, I think in return to the favor of letting us find out the sex of the baby two weeks early, I will bring him a bottle of my magic potion at my appointment this Friday!

No comments:
Post a Comment