Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas has a whole new meaning

Many of you know how much Chris and I love Christmas. Decorating for our favorite holiday begins in mid November, and we have been known to keep our tree up into February. I know you are thinking that is crazy, but we just LOVE Christmas!

Well this year, our Christmas celebration started out no different than any other. We slowly began putting up the decorations in November. Our main tree was up before Thanksgiving and the tree in our bedroom went up the weekend after Thanksgiving. Oh, did I fail to mention we have two trees? Well, one is full of all the fun ornaments from Disney World and several from both of our childhoods. The other tree is my "pretty tree" that Chris says he is too scared to touch because I am so meticulous about how it is decorated.

This year, we added a third tree. Don't worry, this one is a miniature tree. But it is most definitely PINK. I bet you can guess where that tree went :) Of course! If Emma Claire is going to be a true part of this family, then she needs a Christmas tree in HER room, too.



Our decorations and outward appearance of our love for celebrating Christmas may have looked the same, but the meaning of Christmas and what is truly important during the holidays became even more clear. This year was a true reminder of the reason for Christmas that so many forget amid the hustle of the "material' Christmas. It is a celebration of NEW LIFE; of a new life that changes your life so deeply that you can't remember life before it. Just as we celebrate the birth of Christ during the Christmas season, we were able to celebrate the anticipation of the birth of Emma Claire. Now, that is truly something to celebrate! Our Christmas may have downsized in the number of gifts we got for each other, our family and our friends, but there is no greater gift we could have celebrated this Christmas than the miracle of a child. Now more than ever, our lives are so busy with work, social events and getting ready for Emma Claire's arrival. In my mind, I am always thinking about the fact that I am pregnant and everything that needs to be done before our daughter is born. But when I REALLY sit down and truly think about what is going on in my body, it gives me chills. There is a tiny little life living inside of my tummy. This life depends on me for everything thing she needs-food, shelter, comfort. What an amazing GIFT from God!

Chris and I can't wait to share in the joys of Christmas with Emma Claire. We can't wait to watch her eyes light up at the sight of Santa and to take her around town looking at all the pretty lights and decorations. But the most important Christmas joy we will celebrate with her is teaching her the true story of Christmas. We have many blessings to look forward to sharing with our precious gift of life from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment