Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

28 days and counting.

It is hard to believe that Emma Claire will be in my arms in 28 days or less. Chris and I have done so much to prepare for her arrival over the past 8 months, but ready or not, she'll be here soon! I have been very fortunate to have an easy pregnancy. Aside from the nausea that stuck with me throughout the entire journey, I have been very blessed with an enjoyable pregnancy. I really have loved being pregnant and watching my bump grow. I have been able to stay active and enjoy that miracle my body has been creating.

I think a lot of my comfort during pregnancy can be accredited to the season. Note to self: when you are ready for baby #2, get pregnant at the end of the summer to enjoy 30-50 degree weather in the last trimester! In two weeks I may be singing a different tune, but so far I am not at the point where most women get at this stage. You know, the "get this baby out of me no matter what it takes!" stage. I'm still moving around comfortably and enjoying having the freedom of both my hands to run errands and get chores done :) Chris and I have enjoyed walking after work when the weather permits, and on days that I feel an extra burst of energy, I hop on the treadmill for some good cardio.

I know Emma Claire will come when she is ready. And until she does, I will enjoy the last few weeks of my baby bump.

Here are some pictures from the past few weeks...

This girl already has a closet full of clothes. Can you tell she is my daughter??? Chris, on the other hand, has been buying the more practical "clothing" items - diapers! E Claire will have a well rounded family - fun AND practical!

Emma Claire better show up before too long. She is running out of room to sleep!

This was a fun shot I took after our maternity photo shoot. I figured if we had 24 pink balloons, we may as well use them for decoration until they deflated!

I painted this sign to go under the Tinkerbell painting the morning of our photo shoot. It just felt like something was missing. A little bit of Winnie the Pooh wisdom did the trick!

My ever growing belly is a multi-tasker: baby hotel AND food tray.

Putting my bump in motion on the treadmill!

This is what happens when a pregnant lady asks you to cut a watermelon and you don't do it right away. It was a watermelon massacre. 

So, we finally get a swing, and when we turn it on, Chris thinks it swings too hard. I explained to him that once we put a baby in it, it won't swing as hard. So what does he do? He decides he needs to add a little weight to it to test it out. Apparently, he is projecting our baby to weigh about as much as two six packs of beer. Nice.

The quilt is ALMOST done! Just a few fairies, some quilting work and binding and its ready!

This is the wreath I made for Emma Claire's door. I plan to bring it to hang on the hospital door when she is born :)

No comments:

Post a Comment