Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A heart beat, paint samples, and a tiny shirt.

What a big weekend! Friday afternoon we had our first ultrasound appointment. After learning there are four sets of twins on my dad's side of the family (all my generation), Chris was a little nervous about how many heart beats we would hear during our ultrasound. It was so special to see our baby and hear one, yes just one, strong heart beating at 149 beats per minute. I think the baby's heart was beating faster than Chris' nervous heart! We left with a great picture of our little peanut and were at ease knowing our baby was healthy and growing! Here is the picture from our ultrasound.



Saturday, I went to Vicksburg for a Stella and Dot jewelry show. While I was gone, Chris cleaned the house, mowed the yard and bought new blinds for the soon-to-be nursery. While at Lowe's, he picked up a few paint samples after I had told him that we would paint the nursery pink for a girl or green for a boy. I thought this was the sweetest thing ever! Even though he said, "Well, there were just giving them away free with a purchase," it made my heart smile to see him get so excited about the nursery :)


Sunday was the big day to tell Chris' sister, Sandy, and her new husband, Jayson. They got back from their honeymoon late Saturday night. We went to their house with a "wedding gift". I had asked Chris' mom to monogram a little onesie that said "I love my Aunt Sandy and Uncle Jayson". As Sandy began to open the bag, she started to pull out the shirt. Jayson said, "Wow! That's a tiny shirt!" Once she realized what it was, they were ecstatic. Sandy couldn't believe I had kept the secret throughout all of her wedding festivities. But I told her it was a good thing they had white grape juice punch that looked like white wine! It was great to share the news with them.


I share all this while Chris is going to Taco Bell to pick up the only thing that sounded appetizing to me for dinner tonight...and for those of you who know me well, you know that I am NOT a Taco Bell eatin' kind of girl, but apparently the baby was craving it tonight. I sure do have a great husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment