The last two weeks were filled with nausea, food aversions and utter exhaustion. I can't get over how tired I am! I could take a three hour nap everyday and still be worn out! We were so ready to tell our families, but Chris' sister was getting married on August 21 and I did not want to take away from her special time. Although Chris threatened to make it part of his rehearsal dinner speech, we kept it a secret.
On August 18, we went to our best friends' house to wish Brad a happy birthday. After we gave him his real gift, Chris said, "Your other gift is that for the next 9 months we have a designated driver!" While Brad caught on to the surprise, Jenny looked at me and said, "Did you get a DUI???" Once she got it, the tears started flowing :)
I surprisingly survived the wedding festivities over the weekend without getting sick, letting my secret slip or getting asked, "Hey, why aren't you drinking? It is a Catholic reception you know!" And judging by how much I danced at the reception, this baby is going to come out doing the Cha Cha Slide and the Cupid Shuffle!
The next morning, we had invited Chris' parents over for lunch. My parents were still in town, so they thought they were just coming for a visit. Little did they know what we had in store for them! Their weekend of excitement was far from over. There are no words to describe how hilarious the "big reveal" was, so I will just set the stage and let you watch the video I captured. After we ate lunch, I told Chris' mom that I had made her something special and it was in the oven. Now for those of you who know my mother-in-love, she is desperate for a grandchild. Two years ago for Christmas, she gave me a cookbook about ways to sneak vegetables into your children's food. AND she keeps a fresh supply of baby floaties and toys at her pool. God love her, she was itching for a grandchild! However, she was not so quick to catch on. Now, you should be aware that this all happened less than 12 hours after my in-laws got home from the wedding the day before. So, you can assume that the wheels would have been turning faster if they were not completely exhausted and overwhelmed from the wedding....
While our parents are now in on our little secret, we are still not ready to let the world know. We plan on telling Chris' sister and her husband when they return from their honeymoon next weekend. And luckily, we had already had a trip planned to visit my brother in Phoenix over Labor Day weekend. So until we let our siblings know, our little "oven burger bun" as my mother-in-love called it is still a secret ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment